Friday, June 17, 2005

West Side Story

I wonder what it is about the Bush Administration that makes me think of West Side Story. Scalia To the tune of 'Maria' from West Side Story (apologies to Bernstein and Sondheim) Scalia ... I just met a judge named Scalia. And suddenly I find The Bill of Rights' not signed For me. Scalia Say it loud and it sounds like braying, Say it soft and you'd better be praying. Scalia He'll keep me from straying Scaliaaaaaah ... Oooops, gotta go. Ashcroft's at the door.

2 comments:

bob jones said...

ummm...that would be Martinez at the door, perhaps. Ashcroft's "retired."

But I like the parody.

bob jones said...

My bad. Martinez is a Rep from Florida. Gonzales is the new attorney general.

Both men might have something to say about Republican attention to civil liberties, especially those of Mexican-Americans.